The previous article How to build your own website and get a $50 discount was about creating a new account with Dreamhost. Also registering a new domain and installing WordPress. At this point, we still don’t have an email address. So in this article, I will explain how to create an email address.
How to add a new email address
- Login to your Dreamhost account. Go to panel.dreamhost.com
- On the left side menu go to Mail > Manage your email
- Click the Create New Email Address button
- Fill in the form under the Fully Hosted Email
With a fully hosted email address, you can have access to your own mailbox to send and receive messages. Do the through the following settings:
- Email address
Enter your desired name. Some examples: firstname.lastname, office or hello. Make sure your domain is selected.
- Malibox Login
- Mailbox Name
This is the name of the Mailbox that will appear on the Manage your email page
- Pick a new password for me
Tick the box if you want the system you generate a password for you.
- Change Password?/New Password Again
Choose a passoword for your email address.
- Limit total disk usage
I would leave this field as it is. The default is 200MB. This is the size of the mailbox.
- Email me daily warnings
Leave the box ticked. This means that you’ll get a notification when your mailbox is almost full.
- List all email addresses to forward to, one per line
I would leave this field empty.
- Remove read Messages when inbox reaches __ messages
Leave the default value. This option will archive messages when the inbox reaches the number of messages.
- Remove read messages from inbox older than __ days
Leave the default value. If the message is older than __ days, the message is archived.
- Even expire new messages
New, unread messages will still be archived based on your archiver settings. Leave it unchecked.
- Save removed messages
The folder where the messages are moved. Leave it as it is.
- Email me when messages are removed
Leave it as it is.
Don’t worry. These options can be changed latter. Make sure that you click the Create address button. You should get a confirmation message.
How long does it take to become active
It takes about 10-15 min to be fully active. Now it’s time for a well deserved coffee break.
How to access your email account
To access your new email address go to webmail.yourdomain.com. Another option is to import your email into GMAIL. Well, I preffer the latter one because it’s easier to manage multiple email account with GMAIL.
- How to build your own website
- How to install a WordPress theme
- Create WordPress page
- Transfer Dreamhost email to Gmail
- Optimize WordPress tips
- Free WordPress themes
3 thoughts to “How to create an email address”
Comments are closed.